Music industry experts and artists surely have mixed feelings when it comes to the possibility of producing and releasing music these days. Yes, it’s as easy as never before in the history of music but on the other hand that results in an overload of new music on a daily basis. Outdated PR agency structures and a constantly changing music media landscape in combination with a different consumption of the music itself via the audience making things even more complicated today. There’s just too much of everything – too much crappy music but also way too many hidden treasures that never see the light of the day.
NOTHING BUT HOPE AND PASSION always cared about new talent, quality music and giving those a platform who deserve the attention. But even our mail inboxes are stodged way too often. And especially the musicians who don’t have a big agency, label or whatever might find it extremely difficult to get their sound and vision out there to a bigger audience. That’s why we’d like to introduce What’s Your Sound? to the NBHAP microcosm.
What’s Your Sound? is the possibility to showcase your music, present it to our readership and a larger audience in general. Out of all submissions the NBHAP staff will pick the one that we consider the finest one and that deserves the spotlight. We’ll publish the first piece once we are back from our little summer break (late September) and happily invite you to spread the word about this idea in the meantime.
Please read and accept the following rules before taking part in this
- Please make this about one relatively new song/ video that represents you best and fits to NBHAP
- Don’t copy and paste an uninspired press text; instead please tell us a bit about yourself and your passion
- Don’t write a novel, 200 words should be enough
- Please use Soundcloud, Spotify, YouTube or Bandcamp to submit your music
- Use a valid mail address under which we can contact you in case you support
Submit to ‘What’s Your Sound?’ right here