While the world is experiencing the first actual quite lovely and sunny weeks of spring, it looks like Copenhagen-based duo BOTTLED IN ENGLAND is not really in the mood for gentle flowers and tender bird singing – they prefer it a bit darker and dystopian as they call their exclusive guestmix for NBHAP their very own “Apocalypse Mix”. According to August Dyrbor and Daniel Vognstrup it’s “some of music that inspires us the most these days. and it’s like the soundtrack for the end of the world!” And since judgement day might happen unexpected it is better to be prepared after all.
The fact that these lads present a very diversified mixture with everything from pop to experimental and club material might not surprise us. When unfolding their power live on stage – currently over here in Germany – BOTTLED IN ENGLAND are literally burning the house down with their energetic mixture of dubstep, d’n’b and dance music. Especially with all the guest musicians the band pretty much embraces each time. “We’ve met so many talented musicians and artists during the last three years and not to be taking part in their creative energy would be foolish.” said the group in a recent interview with NOTHING BUT HOPE AND PASSION, “So if they are able to add a new dimension to our music and doesn’t seem social deranged, everybody is welcome!”
And you are welcome to enjoy the musical apocalypse right here with the help of BOTTLED IN ENGLAND. Turn up the speakers and go for it.
01. EKSEPTION – The 5th
02. PAROV STELLA – Parov Stella
03. KOOP ISLAND feat. ANE BRUN – Koop Island Blues
04. KLANGKARUSSELL – Sonnentanz
05. RADIOHEAD – Reckoner
06. PAUL KALKBRENNER – Gebrunn Gebrunn
07. ELECTRIC GUEST – American Daydream
08. HUMAN WOMAN – White Knights
09. AZEALIA BANKS feat. LAZY JAY – 212
10. BAJOFONDO TANGO CLUB – Pa’ Bailar
11. ARCADE FIRE – Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
12. PAUL KALKBRENNER – Revolte
13. KING CRIMSON – The Court of the Crimson King